[Sca-cooks] Food songs

Jim Fox-Davis firedrake at earthlink.net
Fri May 3 14:01:23 PDT 2002

How about "Food, Glorious Food" from Oliver!?

I think the 1776 number folks were thinking of was "Triangle Trade,"
which includes the refrain "molasses to rum to slaves,"

For childhood-type songs, there's "Pease Porridge Hot"

diana74075 at aol.com wrote:

>The only songs with food I can think of are:
>
>Yes, We have no bananas

You should have heard that done in Gregorian chant in Latin at a Caidan
coronation some years ago....
"...Non habemus Bananis..."

>and
>
>Eatin' Goober Peas
>
>Liadan,
>not really that old, but remembering what mom used to sing to me - no wonder I'm warped!

Mine was warped by my mother singing "Rock-a-bye Baby."  Everytime we
got to "Down will come baby, cradle and all, I was wide awake and
holding on!

Jared, 48 in two weeks and two days.