[Sca-cooks] New Topic

Diamond Randall ringofkings at mindspring.com
Sun May 5 21:21:15 PDT 2002

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

>So kick out a topic for serious discussion, that's the way to get things
>going.
>Bear

It's High Spring and I haven't seen much on the list of who's planting what.
I just planted 11 new chestnut trees, 5 Carpathian walnuts, 3 medlars,
2 cornelian cherries, 4 quince trees today.  Last week, I put out 2 persimmon
trees, 4 blue damson plums, several seedless (modern) grapevines, a bunch
of cherry and pear trees, a few peaches, and massive number of herbs.  Anyone
ever tried LIME thyme?  Any suggestions on how to best grow rhubarb? I have 3
I need to plant in a few days.   Also has anyone else had any delays and
difficulties
with Gurney's or Henry Fields this Spring?  My seed order has yet to arrive
and
I put it in in mid-February.

Also thanks, Johnna for your reply (private), it helped restore some
perspective
and make me realize how frustrations about minor things on the list went a bit
too far in my post.  You are right about the community aspect of the list.  I
stand
corrected.  Your notes on the library offered were just what I was looking for
too.
Thanks for your opinions.

Akim

--- Diamond Randall