[Sca-cooks] Changing subjects

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon May 6 04:46:38 PDT 2002

I was planning to disseminate it in some form.  I haven't decided how, but
there is a partially written article on the white potato for SIF!  There is
a lot of odd little stuff which may not make the final cut.

Did you know, the word batata appears in Columbus journal as a margin note.
The Admiral refers to them as "niames" or "yams," often misspelled "mames"
of "manes."

And how about the log of Drake's circumnavigation of the globe, which was
declared a state secret and seized.  Which of course Her Majesty's
government proceeded to lose.  It's probably in the same warehouse with the
Ark of the Covenant.

Yes, I'll see that the information doesn't get lost.

Bear