[Sca-cooks] Spring plantings

Etain1263 at aol.com Etain1263 at aol.com
Mon May 6 18:54:28 PDT 2002

Oh!  I haven't even found the "garden" yet..but the herb garden is a
surprise!  Last summer, despite loving care from a drip irrigation
system...the plantings succombed to the drought.  Or so I thought.  I walked
around the house to check out how bad the weeds were...and found a half given
over to two kinds of parsley (curled and flat leaf...some may be cilantro)
with the lemon balm making a stand in the rear.  Two kinds of mint are making
a break for it..and shall have to be contained so they don't take over.  And
two kinds of thyme are actively vying for the space that is left!  For some
reason...sage just doesn't seem to "take".  I guess they weren't
"dead"...just needed the mild winter and all this rain.  Now...I wonder what
my "plant lady" at market has that is interesting this year???

Etain