[Sca-cooks] snake

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Tue May 7 15:25:18 PDT 2002

Amanda Blackwolf said:
Not to sound like a herpetologist or anything......but those snakes aren't
poisonous, they are VENOMOUS.
Poison is ingested (you eat it). Venom is inJected (ie, you get bit).
Semantics, but it is one of my pet peeves.

Does this only apply to animals? What about plants?
Specifically "Poison" ivy and "Poison" oak and
"Poison" Summac.

Generally people get bothered by simply touching these
plants, which is niether ingesting or injecting the poison.

If you burn these plants and breath the smoke, you can
get internal blisters from the fumes. I guess that would
considered ingested.

Stefan li Rous