[Sca-cooks] MAY DAY! MAY DAY!

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue May 7 21:46:51 PDT 2002

Don't buy the new copy, Caointiarn....it got left at my house eons ago.
I'll give it to Morgan when I see her tomorrow.
The ingredients are:
4 c. cooked, chopped chicken
1 c. white wine
0.25 c. sugar
0.50 c. honey
0.50 t. ea/ground cloves, mace, ginger
0.25 c. ground almonds
0.50 c. currants
--the wine and sugar are boiled together for 10 mins. or until thickened
and clinging to the spoon.  The honey, spices, and currants are added,
and the mixture cooked for a further 10 mins.
For serving, arrange the cold chicken in serving dishes, and pour the
hot syrup over all. Chill well and serve cold.
--Maire, to the rescue....;-)