[Sca-cooks] Japanese (was: What did they..)

Generys ferch Ednuyed generys at blazemail.com
Wed May 8 12:56:27 PDT 2002

<snip lots of good stuff>
>    So there's a polarization that's occurring. I'm kinda caught in the
> middle - too many of my friends are either dedicated researcher/reenactors
> or else "here for fun/easy going" players (this is not to say that the
> researchers aren't also fun and easygoing), and all of them are people who
> love and would miss.
>
>    My Goodness, I've built/painted/reinforced/ and am now standing on a
> soapbox! Somebody help me down! (I had no idea it was bothering me so
much.)

> Rosine

Wow, you've hit the nail on the head for exactly how I feel... which is very
conflicted about even what
*I* want to do in the SCA... part of me is very service / authenticity
oriented, and then part of me is rather, well,
party oriented... and I have friends, like myself, that try and balance
both... and it really doesn't work out that well...
How do you all balance this? Not in terms of time wise, but just in terms of
getting priorities straight in
your head... because on the one hand I want to be as authentic as possible,
but on the other, sometimes it's
just not that fun to be...

Generys