[Sca-cooks] Japanese (was: What did they..)

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed May 8 14:33:29 PDT 2002

At 05:20 PM 5/8/02 -0400, you wrote:
>Actually I never wrote the quote attributed to me
>here. I said that I joined in 1973 and we had
>different cultures then. I have never questioned
>the fact that a Tudor lady sits next to her Viking
>lord and down the table from an Anglo-Saxon. That's
>the wonder of the SCA.
>
>Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis

I looked- there were too many bird's eyes for you to have said it. But I
would like to point out- Tudor's and Vikings and Anglo-Saxons (Oh My!:-)
are all considered Western European...

I always found it amusing to have an Anglo-Saxon sit across the table from
a Norman with no resulting bloodshed... ;-)

Peeve#2- I do find if a bit jarring to see Lord Thor Svensson come out of
his yurt wearing Italian Ren and carrying an English longbow... or a Coke
can. ;-)

'Lainie
-I remember Norseguy Norseguysson...