[Sca-cooks] Japanese (was: What did they..)

vongraph vongraph at earthlink.net
Wed May 8 14:53:58 PDT 2002

. We're losing that romantically-induced dream
> > of the Golden Age of Chivalry. We're becoming a "culture" if you will,
of
> > "anyone who might have existed anytime, anywhere before 1600, or

<< Again I also am not rabid about it but folks use the term "anyone who
Europeans could have had contact with between 600 and 1600"  And we get all
these Janpanese personas. Oh we are visiting or traveling or whatever.  I
would think that if you were going to go that route the first thing you
might do is read a bit about Japanese Culture and the Country.  The Japanese
DID NOT visit Europe, it was against the Japanese Law for anyone to leave
Japan. Punishable by death.  The Japanese are the worlds greatest zenophobes
and racists. They did not go to Europe:)  The Chinese probably did but the
Chinese are not Japanese. Out of era for us the Porteguese did bring
Japanese to Europe, mostly the monks converted by the church, the were
brought as "trophies" as it were. Oh well guess I would rather have Japanese
personas (no ninjas please) than the folks with horns, tails, wings, fangs
etc.

Elric