[Sca-cooks] Japanese (was: What did they..)

Craig Jones. craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
Wed May 8 16:33:40 PDT 2002

>might do is read a bit about Japanese Culture and the Country.  The
>Japanese DID NOT visit Europe, it was against the Japanese Law for
>anyone to leave Japan. Punishable by death.  The Japanese are the
>worlds greatest zenophobes and racists. They did not go to Europe:)

I think it would be wise to add a condition to the statement that
"World's greatest xenophobes and racists" is historical and does not
refers to the modern day.  Unless of course that is the statement you
wish to make...  Also, you are making a comment based on evidence that
may only refect policy of the rulers of the day and not the entire
population base.

As an example, I think that the way that the government policy toward
the treatment of Asylum Seekers in Australia is deplorable.   That
does not make me or every australian a xenophobe or a racist.

Although, I cannot comment on Japan though lack of knowledge, the Ming
Chinese were xenophobic and Ming Society was closed to foreigners,
which was probably a ruling policy, and was a reaction to the foreign
rulership of the Mongols that existed under the Yuan Dynasty.  Does
that mean that all chinese are xenophobes and racists then or now.
No.  But if your government feeds the population base propaganda for
long enough then most are going to start believing it.....  American's
and Australian's too.....  Propaganda is a period concept, and even
more effective than now.....

Nothing against you Elric, but it did push a button...

I'm expecting to get slagged off here, so slagg away!

Drake.