[Sca-cooks] Japanese (was: What did they..)

Mike Newton melcnewt at netins.net
Wed May 8 17:13:38 PDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Craig Jones." <craig.jones at airservices.gov.au>
To: "sca-cooks" <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 6:33 PM
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Japanese (was: What did they..)

> >might do is read a bit about Japanese Culture and the Country.  The
> >Japanese DID NOT visit Europe, it was against the Japanese Law for
> >anyone to leave Japan. Punishable by death.  The Japanese are the
> >worlds greatest zenophobes and racists. They did not go to Europe:)
>
> I think it would be wise to add a condition to the statement that
> "World's greatest xenophobes and racists" is historical and does not
> refers to the modern day.  Unless of course that is the statement you
> wish to make...  Also, you are making a comment based on evidence that
> may only refect policy of the rulers of the day and not the entire
> population base.
Drake to use a American in Japan reference, the Baseball players who go over
to play there are refered to a Gajin (actually all foreigners are) but it is
NOT permitted for a Gajin to break any Japanese baseball records. They will
walk them or not play them when they come close to the Sacred Japanese
records. If that is not racist, then what is?

Thorbjorn

---