[Sca-cooks] Civil War (was Japanese (was: What did they..))

Mike Newton melcnewt at netins.net
Thu May 9 06:16:58 PDT 2002

It is called the English Civil War because it was English vs. English.
Unlike the Scots vs. English or English vs. Welsh or Irish wars.  The United
States of America has fought two Civil Wars, one was the Revolution.
They are Called Civil wars from Civic and the Latin word it was spawned
from, meaning a war between rival governments in the same land.
Thorbjorn