[Sca-cooks] Re: OOP personas (Vincent Cuenca)

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu May 9 23:08:53 PDT 2002

At 03:53 PM 5/10/02 +1000, you wrote:

>I did something similar when I was the Royal Herald for Kurgan and
Huraiwa, who are of Persian persona.  My persona is 16th century French,
and I couldn't bear the idea of wearing eastern garb. Having looked at some
of the information and pictures from masques, in the end I wore a rather
spectacular and somewhat silly outfit; one of my full hooped skirted black
dresses, with stand up ruff and all, with a turban, an eastern style coat,
and sash.  A 16th Century Frenchwoman's interpretation of "eastern" garb.

>Kiriel

BRAVO! This is some of the creative thinking I would love to see!

My dearest Love, Edouard de Bruyerecourt, is currently the 'inspiration' of
my senior student, a delightful Greco-Roman (BC) lady fighter. When she
wins coronet (and you can bet it will happen when I am least able to deal
with it) I have some illuminations from my time period that show Greeks and
Romans, in an amalgamated dress that is a little funny, but clearly what
the contemporary (to 1402 or 07 or whatever) perception was of the Greeks
and Romans! (and I think it will be fun!)

Poor Edouard. I haven't figured out how to get around wearing red... ;-)

plotting... always plotting...

'Lainie