[Sca-cooks] Re: OOP personas (Vincent Cuenca)

Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au
Thu May 9 22:53:33 PDT 2002

+
+Syr Rolf Eichmann of Calontir handles this conflict quite
+well.  He plays a
+15th century German eccentric who is convinced that he is
+serving in the
+armies of Caesar Augustus, and dresses accordingly.  We humor
+him, mostly
+because he wields a mean gladius and is so effective behind a scutum.
+

I did something similar when I was the Royal Herald for Kurgan and Huraiwa, who are of Persian persona.  My persona is 16th century French, and I couldn't bear the idea of wearing eastern garb. Having looked at some of the information and pictures from masques, in the end I wore a rather spectacular and somewhat silly outfit; one of my full hooped skirted black dresses, with stand up ruff and all, with a turban, an eastern style coat, and sash.  A 16th Century Frenchwoman's interpretation of "eastern" garb.

Kiriel