[Sca-cooks] Re: Dish of Snow????

Lis liontamr at ptd.net
Fri May 10 04:18:08 PDT 2002

Thanks all. Very Helpful. That's the one. I'm going to skip the rosemary
bush and go with strawberries...MMMMMMM

Aoife

Message: 4
From: "Jane Williams" <jane at williams.nildram.co.uk>
To: sca-cooks at ansteorra.org
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 22:19:38 +0100
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Dish of Snow????

On 9 May 2002 at 13:06, Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> Also sprach Lis:
> >Hi all. Going crazy here trying to find the cookbook in which there's the
> >Dish of Snow recipe. Apparently a black hole has sucked up whichever
> >cookbook it's in, or my eyes are refusing to see it!
>
> I think it's from A Proper Neue Boke of Cokery...

So does the on-line version the Proper Neue book
on the Gloning website (wonderful place!)

http://staff-www.uni-
marburg.de/~gloning/bookecok.htm

To make a dyschefull of
Snowe.
Take a pottell of swete thycke creame
and the whytes of eyghte egges, and beate
them altogether wyth a spone, then putte
them in youre creame and a saucerfull of
Rosewater, and a dyshe full of Suger wyth all,
then take a stycke and make it cleane, and
than cutte it in the ende foure square, and
therwith beate all the aforesayde thynges
together, and ever as it ryseth take it
of and put it into a Collaunder, this done
take one apple and set it in the myddes of it,
and a thicke bushe of Rosemary, and set it
in the myddes of the platter, then cast your
Snowe uppon the Rosemarye and fyll your
platter therwith. And yf you have wafers
caste some in wyth all and thus serve them
forthe.