[Sca-cooks] Period Hollandaise?

El Hermoso Dormido ElHermosoDormido at dogphilosophy.net
Fri May 10 11:32:38 PDT 2002

On Friday 10 May 2002 12:17 pm, Philippa Alderton wrote:
> I had made up my
> brains in a Hollandaise-type sauce, from the same
> lamb. Period recipes, too....

Okay, I have to butt in and ask about the sauce now - what
region and time did the period Hollandaise-type sauce come from
and how did it differ from "modern" hollandaise?

(I seem to recall that there are one or two surviving late-period
recipes for emulsion-type sauces...is this one of them?)

Signed,
El Hermoso Dormido, also wondering if it'd still be called "roux" if
it were thickened with bread crumbs instead of flour...