[Sca-cooks] Period Hollandaise?

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Fri May 10 11:55:12 PDT 2002

--- El Hermoso Dormido > Okay, I have to butt in and
ask about the sauce now
> - what
> region and time did the period Hollandaise-type
> sauce come from
> and how did it differ from "modern" hollandaise?
>
> (I seem to recall that there are one or two
> surviving late-period
> recipes for emulsion-type sauces...is this one of
> them?)

Hafta wait until I get my old hard drive back, or get
back to Ohio to get my notes- unless someone remembers
sending it to me, for the Pennsic lamb thing? Or maybe
has the notes from the class I did? Christianna? Maybe
you might remember, too, Adamantius- I know we
discussed it.

Anyway, I think that one was German, specificly for
brains- I had a large stash of recipes for lamb
various people on this List had sent me for the
project- we put the experienced cooks to the more
difficult recipes and parts, and left the simpler
roasts and such to the newer cooks. I remember
Badger's Haggis was great, although we later decided
that he needed to use a bit less oats, and not stuff
the stomach quite so full. Was tasty, though ;-)

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,