Unique persona ideas- was Re: [Sca-cooks] Japanese

Dan Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Fri May 10 17:40:41 PDT 2002

A response, will provide better book cites privately if requested:>
> Moorish Spain-
Read "The Rise and Fall of Paradise"

> Basques- Almost never see them done, and they're pretty cool. An area ripe
> for research. And a great place for someone who wants to be in the middle
> of everything but not necessarily part of it...

My persona is part Basque but I need to do more research.

> Southern France on the whole- 12th-13th CATHARS!

Read "The Promised Land of Error"

> Kingdom of the Two Sicilies- one of my favorites.

Read "The Normal Fate".

A question, what did they serve up for Vespers in Sicily?

> How about western Christians living in the Crusader states? the 12th
> century crusader kingdoms of Jerusalem, Antioch, Aleppo, Acre, etc, must
> have been very interesting (if a little unstable) places to be. And the
> records we have indicate that many a soldier went somewhat 'native',
> married locally, wore an mix of western and local clothing, ate the local
> food.

Read "A History of the Crusades" by Runciman followed by "Arab Historians of
the Crusades" and "The Moslem Discovery of Europe"

> Huegenots (sp?)

Tis what my persona is, thus why he gets along with the English and the
Dutch. Survived the St. Bart's Massacre he did by the dint of assiduous
garderobe skulking, some solid oak doors and a well flung chamber pot.

Daniel Raoul