[Sca-cooks] Period Hollandaise?

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Sat May 11 19:12:30 PDT 2002

--- Stefan li Rous <stefan at texas.net> wrote:
> Are you thinking of gravy as one of those? If so,
> see this file

No, it wasn't a gravy...

> For recipes for the various organ meats mentioned,
> and more, see
> this file:
> organ-meats-msg   (72K)  2/11/02    Period cooking
> of organ meats.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/organ-meats-msg.html

Wasn't in there, although looking back through some of
those files was like Olde Home Week, or something ;-)

Wasn't an exotic meat recipe- I'm surprised you don't
have it in there Stefan- or maybe you do, and we just
haven't looked in the right spot. I'm pretty sure I
picked it up off this List- someone here sent it to me
when I described the project. And it was definitely
period- I mean, that was the whole point ;-) And I
remember putting it all together, and thinking, "Oh!
This works just like a Hollandaisse sauce," and later
Adamantius correcting me when I dewscribed it
privately, saying, " Actually, you meant a ?????
sauce, of which Hollandaisse is one type or similar".

It was extremely rich, and I was very grateful to the
person who had brought the plain flat bread she'd
made....

Like to have the recipe again (I'll find it
eventially) so I can do it again, next time I
butcher.....

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,