Pennsic potluck (was Re: [Sca-cooks] Period Hollandaise?)

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Sun May 12 07:38:07 PDT 2002

--- Robin Carroll-Mann <rcmann4 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Phlip wrote [regarding the recipe for lamb
> testicles]:

Actually, it was the brains- I wasn't equipped with
testicles, although Ras was. I was equipped with
brains.

> > It was extremely rich, and I was very grateful to
> the
> > person who had brought the plain flat bread she'd
> > made....
>
> That was me.  I had been too busy, too flustered,
> (and slightly
> intimidated) to figure out what period dish I could
> make for the
> potluck.  I thought I might go into town and buy
> something basic,
> like dried fruit, or raw veggies.  But I had
> sourdough starter with me
> for pancakes, and I had just bought the sourdough
> breads
> cookbook form Devra, and...

I knew it was made by someone I liked- just couldn't
remember who.

> I was glad it proved useful.  That was my first
> SCA-Cooks potluck,
> and I was feeling very insecure about my measly
> offering,
> especially when I saw the feast-like abundance
> spread upon the
> table.

Well the idea is NOT to intimidate anyone, the idea is
to get to meet everyone, and share good food. Any
tasty contribution is welcome- I particularly enjoyed
the stuffed grape leaves, canned, that Margali had
left behind for the potluck, when she couldn't be
there last year.

We really need to start planning for it this year,
folks. Are we getting an A & S tent? Or shall we do it
at Orluk? Whjich day? Who will bring paperware? Like
that....

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,