[Sca-cooks] Re: Pennsic potluck (

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Sun May 12 08:54:34 PDT 2002

--- Robin Carroll-Mann <rcmann4 at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Yes, but now my personal vanity impells me to bring
> something
> that I've redacted.

Well, me too, usually, but I get almighty busy at
Pennsic, so I was supporting our camp efforts last
year, rather than doing anything serious myself.

> > We really need to start planning for it this year,
> > folks. Are we getting an A & S tent? Or shall we
> do it
> > at Orluk? Which day? Who will bring paperware?
> Like
> > that....

> There are things to be said for both approaches.
> Doing it in a
> camp makes it easier to cook things, and to warm
> them.  Doing it
> in an A&S tent makes it less like a private party,
> and more
> accessible to the cooks of the Known World,
> including those who
> are not on this list.

That's why I was thinking the Hafla tent would be
ideal. It's a well-known class area, but it's also
very close to our camp, where we can have and bring
support items easily. We can also support extra cooks,
with our range and refrigerator/freezer, and our large
supply of cooking devices, both Coleman type, and fire
type. It's also close to Olwen and Blackstar, and I
think one of our people was willing to volunteer to
bus people in and out, with all their stuff, so
transport/accessibility isn't an issue. It's also
right on the Hay Wagon route.

And, I think it would be a little more relaxed and
friendlier, than one of the A&S tents.

Phlip

> > Phlip
>

> Brighid ni Chiarain *** mka Robin Carroll-Mann
> Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
> rcmann4 at earthlink.net

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,