[Sca-cooks] Introduction and Question

AnnaMarie wolfsong at ida.net
Sun May 12 14:39:12 PDT 2002

> With a lower concentration of sugar, syrups won't keep. What you want to
> do is go on drinking tisanes, as they can be documented to period even in
> Europe. When I get a chance I'll check through my sources for particular
> mentions of infusions of herbs.
>
> -- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa

Hmmmm....  If you make it with a higher concentration of sugar in order for
preservation qualities wouldn't diluting it on site work?  I'm not horribly
worried about indoor events as I just usually drink water but at outdoor
events I want hot liquids!!!  It's a bit nippy here most of the time (thank
god for Flemish garb, very warm).

I'll probably still sneak my Chai in the A.M. but weren't tisanes more
medicinal than anything else?  i.e. not commonly served with a meal, etc.?

Kristianne
Wolf Song Day Spa & Herb Shop