[Sca-cooks] Re: OOP 'fredo sauce????

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sun May 12 19:45:32 PDT 2002

At 12:24 PM 5/13/02 +1000, you wrote:
>Hmm.  Odd.  My father learnt a recipe in Naples which he refers to as
>Spaghetti Carabonara which pours a mixture of sour cream, lots of
>beaten eggs, cooked bacon pieces, garlic, and onions (sometimes
>mushrooms) over hot strained spagetti in the pot that you cook the
>spaghetti in and stir vigourously until all the egg has cooked into
>scrambled egg like consistency and has coated the pasta in small
>chunks here and there. Very mundane and I probably eat it about once a
>month... Looking nothing like the cream and bacon sauce that smothers
>pasta in pasta carbonara...  Hmm. Odd.
>
>Drakey.

Sounds delicious. But the last time I ate carbonara, it made me dreadfully
ill. That much butter, cheese, bacon, etc = major amounts of fat and I
can't handle it. Oooohhh... Ooowwwww...

You know those little take-the-top-of-your-head-off mints? Altoids, etc. I
wish someone would concentrat savory flavors into something like that- a
little tablet of ham or bacon, or a garlic ranch flavor, or mushroom sauce
flavor- those would sell like hotcakes to dieters or people with stomach
problems. Don't you think?

'Lainie
Bacon Pez. They you go...