[Sca-cooks] Grains of Paradise

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun May 12 22:13:25 PDT 2002

 > On 10 May 2002 at 17:43, Wanda Pease wrote:
> > 	I walked into a spice and tea shop in Wiesbaden, Germany a week ago and
> > picked up a packet of Grains of Paradise right off their shelves.  If you
> > have any shop that does "exotic" spices or even Ethiopian near you give them
> > a look in.  You might be surprised at what's right in your back yard!
>
> I'll take a look, thanks: but I'd have to visit a much
> bigger town to find that sort of shop. On-line ordering
> does mean paying postage, bu it's far easier for me.

Check this file in the Florilegium:
merch-spices-msg  (31K)  1/18/01    Spice merchants. Reviews and recommendations
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/merch-spices-msg.html

> Are there other names for the stuff in other
> cultures/cuisines that I should be aware of?

Check this file:
G-of-Paradse-msg  (66K)  8/ 2/00    History and use of the spice Grains of
                                       Paradise.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/G-of-Paradse-msg.html
   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net