[Sca-cooks] Re: OOP 'fredo sauce????

Craig Jones. craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
Sun May 12 23:39:22 PDT 2002

>Those bits of cooked egg among the pasta seems a bit strange, but
>it does sound interesting. And it is just the kind of stuff I'm
>likely to have lieing around the kitchen when the fresh meat is gone
>and I don't feel like going to the grocery. And it sounds fairly
>quick.

Dont overcook the egg or in is too dry.  Just until the egg starts to
coagulate.  The residual haet in the pasta will do the rest.

>You said "cooked bacon pieces". Are the garlic and the onions
>also cooked?

yes.

Cook Bacon, garlic, and onions if you use them.  Put to the side to
cool.

Mix egg/cream mix.

Boil Pasta until cooked.  Starin.  Put back in pan on low heat.

Add egg/cream mix and bacon/onion mix.

Season with salt and heaps of cracked black pepper.

Mix like crazy until egg is just cooked.

Serve.

Drakey.

If the onions are raw, it would seem like they would
>still be crunchy, since the residual heat from the spegatti wouldn't
>seem to cook them much. Perhaps this would work with dried onions
>and dried mushrooms, which I'm even more likely to have around on
>the spur of the moment.

yes maybe if you re-constituted them.  I'd do it without the onions
and mushrooms first time...