[Sca-cooks] Re: OOP 'fredo sauce????

Mercedes/Stephanie steldr at cox.net
Mon May 13 13:32:23 PDT 2002

The one I used was basically 2 cups of heavy cream to 1/4 cup of butter -
bring that to a slow boil and then add 1/2 cup of grated parmesan.  Go to
www.recipesource.com and put in alfredo sauce - I got quite a few to choose
from.   It turned out really well.  If I had had more time I would have let
the cream/butter mixture reduce further to get a thicker sauce - but it
cooked for over an hour and I decided that was long enough.  Certainly got
no complaints from my family - just a lot of moaning as they tried to climb
out of the couch

Mercedes