[Sca-cooks] Re: OOP 'fredo sauce????

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon May 13 14:08:13 PDT 2002

Also sprach Craig Jones.:
>Thanks.  A traditional Aussie bacon rasher is about 1mm thick, about 4
>inches long, 1 1/2 inches high with the eye up one end.  Looks
>different to your bacon I believe...
>
>D.

Yes, an American rasher (not that we use the term very often) would
be maybe 15-20 cm (~7-8 inches) long, 2-3 cm wide, and somewhat
fattier, usually made from side or belly meat, rather than from the
loin, like back bacon.

Back bacon is becoming increasingly available in the US, though, and
then if you just want the eye there's always what we commonly call
"Canadian Bacon".

Adamantius