[Sca-cooks] Japanese (was: What did they..)

ChannonM at aol.com ChannonM at aol.com
Mon May 13 14:19:29 PDT 2002

In a message dated 5/13/02 12:38:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ekoogler1 at comcast.net writes:

> I'd be glad to.  The book we're working on is a
> 1648 Japanese Cookbook, Ryori Monogotari.

This is a wonderful piece of work and I am so excited about it finally
getting translated so that we can play with it. Although I do not personally
know the translator, I want to give my deepest thanks for the work. I think
it would be boon to the "Works in Progress".

Elaine (Mistress Kiri) , since you have first access to the translation, feel
free to do as you see fit with it. I  for one, would like to see this work
shared and not hoarded and I believe that is the same sentiment the rest of
those involved have on the topic.

I will be letting Mr. Rupert Faulkner (Curator at the Victoria and Albert
Museum of London) know of the progress, so if I could be given the url to the
webpage depicting the translation, I could forward it to him. He was so
gracious in sending the photo copy to me, no questions asked, just because he
was happy to see someone interested in it.

Thank you everyone,

Sincerely,
Hauviette d'Anjou
Channon Mondoux