[Sca-cooks] Re:tea was Introduction and Question

AnnaMarie wolfsong at ida.net
Tue May 14 05:48:21 PDT 2002

I believe the ladies tea this gentle is referring to is the social afternoon
gathering that occurs when ladies drink tea and eat small foods, i.e.
desserts and appetizer type foods.  I fully realize this isn't period,
sigh..... but it's sooo much fun.  Since we do seem to have a custom, at
least in this part of the world, of the "Queen's Tea" what would be a
reasonable substitute for the name of a social gathering in the afternoon of
a group of people to eat, drink and discuss?

At the Abbey we are calling our planned theme discussions Round Tables and
I'm guessing that's not period either so any terminology that would be more
period would be greatly appreciated.

Kristianne
Wolf Song Day Spa & Herb Shop