Vicodin- wasRe: [Sca-cooks] Offline

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Tue May 14 16:16:14 PDT 2002

In a message dated 5/14/2002 6:38:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
goldberg at bestweb.net writes:

> Some people lack the enzyme that metabolizes hydrocodone to morphine. Some
> people also lack the enzyme that metabolizes codeine to morphine (about 10%
> of the population in the US). That's why some of these drugs don't work for
> everyone.

I don't know what problem I have.  I'm fine with regular codeine, but Vicodin
(which I understand is a synthetic codeine?) makes me sick as a dog.
Unfortunately I discovered this just after having all four wisdom teeth
removed.  Gory details snipped.

Brangwayna