[Sca-cooks] Canned Slugs

Patrick McKinnion patgund at earthlink.net
Tue May 14 21:44:43 PDT 2002

    Ya know, this reminds me of the canned slugs one can buy in the Pacific
Northwest.   For example, the varieties at:

http://www.webelegance.com/slug/slug-gifts.html

    Which can be ordered though:

Slyme Tyme, Ltd.
POB 8
Newport OR 97365
(503) 265-8535

    The varieties they have include:

Whole Bodied Slugs, Packed in water (for low-sodium diets) $7.50
Whole Bodied Slugs, With garlic & herbs in natural juices  $7.50
Slug Chowder (Manhattan Style)  $8.50
Slug Chowder (New England Style)    $8.50
Kitchen Sliced Slugs (Cajun Style in Louisana hot sauce)  $7.50
Kitchen Sliced Slugs (Oriental Style w/ soy sauce added)  $7.50

    There's also the "The Best Washington Slug Recipes" book, which can be
ordered from:

Frank Howard
Slug Recipes 360 387 7359
658 S. Lehman Dr.
Camano Island WA 98292
(360) 387-7359

    Seems to me most escargot recipies would work as well.

    - Padraig o Connell

"I don't know why the BBC doesn't hire me to write for "Doctor Who" or
"Teletubbies".  The scripts I keep sending them would make great episodes
for EITHER show." -- James "Kibo" Parry