[Sca-cooks] newbie and help needed

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue May 14 23:02:20 PDT 2002

Isbelot de Forenz asked:
> I have been lurking for a while now and thoroughly enjoyed the
> discussions. I have a need of some help now. I have begun experimenting with
> sugarpaste working on some dishes, bowls, etc. I have managed to make the
> plates and bowls without any problem but I haven't been able to make a
> successful goblet. The dough either breaks or I can't get it out of the
> glass I have used as a mold. Any suggestions?? One other question, does
> anyone paint on the sugarpaste or do most people leave it as is? Thanks in
> advance.

Dame Alys is probably the most expert here on working with sugarpaste.
She is however, quite busy being the Queen of the Middle at this point.
However, you can find a number of her comments on working with sugar
paste in this file in the Florilegium, including a number of comments
from her on how to, and how not to, paint and color sugar paste.

sugar-paste-msg   (97K)  7/12/01    Making sugar paste sotelties.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/sugar-paste-msg.html
   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net