Vicodin- wasRe: [Sca-cooks] Offline

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Tue May 14 23:56:08 PDT 2002

--- Stefan li Rous <stefan at texas.net> wrote:
> So, what would the period solution to such injuries
> be? Were there
> any pain killers available? Even if they weren't as
> effective?

Depending on your when/where, opium and willowbark tea
were available. Marijuana derivatives, too, I think.
Alcohol, of course. Dunno what else- coca leaves,
maybe, in the New World.... Hafta ask an herbalist- I
know they used all kindsa diffe3rent herbs for
different purposes, and some of them even worked-
digitalis, for example, from foxglove, and aspirin
from willow bark.....

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,