[Sca-cooks] "Blattes de Bysance" in the Baghdad cookery book

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Wed May 15 09:06:25 PDT 2002

> > I'll drop a note to my dad, he might be able to help find it in his
> > mega dictionary of French language.
>
>Thanks, though according to the info I got from Francesco and
>Phlip, it seems to have been a garbling of the Arabic.  (Yet another
>case of "oil from the spleen".)

As it happens, my father tells me he couldn't find it anywhere, even in his
trusty Robert de la Langue Francaise in 9 volumes.  He's now thoroughly
boggled and on a challenge, I'll have to send him the info from
Francesco!  He gets that way...  :-)

I was talking with Olwen, and decided that perhaps I should adopt the
following "tag"

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Shire of Forth Castle
Meridies...