[Sca-cooks] Sourdough Starter Question

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Wed May 15 17:05:25 PDT 2002

I haven't used any starters from Sourdough International, though they are certainly well-known in the field.

If you go to http://groups.google.com and type in "sourdough international" (include the quotation marks", you will see a bunch of postings from the rec.food.sourdough newsgroup about this company.

I got my starter free from a nice gentleman in Oregon named Carl Griffiths.  Carl has since gone to his reward, but some of his friends are continuing his legacy.  Go to this website for details.  The only thing they ask is postage.  Non-US bakers can send International Reply Coupons.
http://home.att.net/~carlsfriends/

Carl's starter is moderately sour and VERY hardy.  It has survived weeks in the fridge with no feeding, and bounces back as soon as it gets some flour.

Brighid