[Sca-cooks] 18th Century Oven

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu May 16 09:14:51 PDT 2002

Also sprach deborah minyard:
>There's a chance we will have use of a Revolutionary was era living history
>park including the cook fire and ovens.  The people who run the facility are
>scepticle but considering it as long as we don't advertise to the public or
>make the event open to the public.  Any suggestions on classes?
>Maddalena

I think the ideal would involve one of the early printed cookbooks
(Markham's The English Hus-wife comes to mind) which speaks of the
order of different baked items, ranging from, say, various breads at
high heat, pies at lesser-medium heat, on through marchpanes and
various white biskets at very low heat, baked in order as the oven
cools.

Adamantius