[Sca-cooks] 18th Century Oven

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sat May 18 07:55:21 PDT 2002

I'd second this. The progression of foods through
the falling heat would be good. How long does it
take for the bread, the pies, and if you have it
overnight then the smaller cakes and such that are
left in the oven overnight as it cools off. Also
glaze a pie or two and see what kind of crust you
get with the sugar/rosewater "to make like ice"
recipes that I posted last fall. Record times and
how much wood it takes. Tom Jaine's Building a Wood
Fired Oven gives some details on use.

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis