[Sca-cooks] Re: beechnuts

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu May 16 17:00:30 PDT 2002

At 07:39 PM 5/16/02 EDT, you wrote:
>--
>In a message dated 5/15/02 2:43:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>sca-cooks-request at ansteorra.org writes:
>

>> However, it might be hard to find beech nuts (and i don't mean the
>> chewing gum or baby food :-)... anyone got some growing in their yard?
>
>Actually, I believe that another name for beech-nuts is filberts-- or am I
>mizing them up with hazel nuts?
>
>Devra (frequently called nutty)

You're nutty, Devra ;-) Fiberts are hazelnuts, and they look nothing like
beechnuts. They grow a butt-load of filberts here in Oregon and there's old
orchards all over.

Does anyone remember Beech-Nut brand baby food? I haven't seen it for
awhile. Or am I tryly antiquated, as my son likes to say?

'Lainie