[Sca-cooks] Re: beechnuts

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Thu May 16 17:23:22 PDT 2002

--- "Laura C. Minnick" <lcm at efn.org> wrote:

> You're nutty, Devra ;-) Fiberts are hazelnuts, and
> they look nothing like
> beechnuts. They grow a butt-load of filberts here in
> Oregon and there's old
> orchards all over.

Yeah, my grandfather was very active in developing the
filbert tree. Stop down at the Historical Society
sometime, and ask about Charles L. McNary. You'll
likely hear a bit about that, among other things ;-)

> Does anyone remember Beech-Nut brand baby food? I
> haven't seen it for
> awhile. Or am I tryly antiquated, as my son likes to
> say?

I remember it, or at least the ads for it, although I
never had any reason to be interested in it.

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,