[Sca-cooks] Re: beechnuts

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri May 17 02:05:41 PDT 2002

At 05:23 PM 5/16/02 -0700, you wrote:

>Yeah, my grandfather was very active in developing the
>filbert tree. Stop down at the Historical Society
>sometime, and ask about Charles L. McNary. You'll
>likely hear a bit about that, among other things ;-)

WOW!
I ran a Google search- didn't see anything about filberts, but folks,
Philippa comes from good stock! Her granfather was an Oregon State Supreme
Court Justice, a Senator for umpteen years, and was nominated as Vice
President on the Willike ticket! As Regina would say- Cool Beans! I even
found a portrait on line- pretty good looking fellow, too!

Never know what you'll learn on this list... ;-D)

'Lainie