[Sca-cooks] Cooking Like a 3-Star Chef in Your Own Home (Almost) - OOP, Not e ntirely OT

Erika Thomenius ldygytha at hotmail.com
Fri May 17 16:22:43 PDT 2002

>Feh again. I guess that everybody in america microwaves tv dinners >every
>night.
>
>margali the thoroughly disgusted

The author also seems to discount the possibility that out there there are
people who actually enjoy prep-work, and find it helps them de-stress.  For
example, mashing up a pesto sauce while sipping a nice glass of wine is
better than therapy.  :)

(On the other hand, it would be nice to have house-elves to handle the
cleaning up part.)

But actually, that's a serious question.. I wonder if cooking in the home
is, in fact, on the wane, because people feel they don't have time for it.
I mean, let's face it, it takes some know-how (BUT not necessarily more
effort) to come up with a decent meal for supper, especially under time
constraints.  The author seems to be laboring under the idea that home
cookery is a terrible ordeal, when it doesn't have to be.

-Gytha "Just learn how to fake a double-boiler correctly" Karlsdotter