[Sca-cooks] Re: Languages/Eggplant

Karen O kareno at lewistown.net
Sun May 19 16:59:27 PDT 2002

> >At 02:43 PM 5/19/2002, you wrote:
Ana, your scout in Outremer, said: Right, Philippa! I am always thinking in
three languages actually :(
 Spanish, my first one, Swedish  my second one and English, the third
language I use...<

    My Grandfather was Polish, immigrated as a young man, was also fluent in
German, Italian, and English.  As an aside, he also admitted to being able
to speak/understand Russian, but any Pole worth anything never admitted to
such.

    Playing with eggplant today  -- on sale, 2/$1.00. From the _Miscellany_
Recipe for Eggplant Pancakes, and Badinjan Muhassa.   Pancakes seemed flat,
added salt to them,  and I think more coriander& cinnamon.  It was a sloppy
batter, but cooked up well in the cast iron.
Foe the 2nd, the walnuts I had were old, so I didn't continue that project.
I did take the cooked eggplant & froze it to see if I could {quality
degradation?}.

    Also trying the "A Quince Dish" that is lamb with quince stew.
{Mistress} Guinea Pig isn't fond of lamb, but willing to try it.  I figure
that's the feeling amongst these Montana "Beef Country" folks. I'm using
homemade pear butter instead of quinces.

    Accused of never following a recipe completely. . . . .
    Caointiarn