[Sca-cooks] Lackeys and Refrigeration

Catherine Hartley catherine1966 at bellsouth.net
Tue May 21 07:52:16 PDT 2002

At our cam,   I and one pther person do all the cooking. As such everyone
else signs up for dishwashing and ice runs (an other camp chores). We post
the schedule each day so that the person in charge of that duty knows they
are responsible. The cook of the day posts the ice needs on the board for
the ice person in the morning.

In the kitchen we have a drink cooler with ice in which people may place
their drinks. They are allowed in and out of this one. Two water collers are
kept full with water and ice as well. We have a supper and breakfast cooler
(cooks only) and a lunch cooler, where the cooks put the day's lunch option
for people to help themselves to whenever they have time for lunch. It works
really well.

Oh and we use block ice.

Caitlin of Enniskillen