[Sca-cooks] Cheese & coolers (was:Lackeys and Refrigeration)

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Tue May 21 16:15:45 PDT 2002

In a message dated 5/21/2002 3:56:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
rosine at sybercom.net writes:

>    Speaking of coolers.... has anyone found a truly useable method of
> storing cheese in a cooler? Because we haven't found a Ziplock bag that
> didn't leak

Double ziplocks helps.  As does making sure that the tops of the bags are
above the ice, but that requires one  or two reliable people to deal with
most of the stuff in the cooler.
Still, we've done far better with bags than with any other kind og container.
Another option is to store your cooler someplace where you can drain the
water into a little sumphole on a regular basis, without having to lug it to
the sump hole.

Brangwayna