OT Seuss & Smith was Re: [Sca-cooks] Irish/Scottish cheese mixup

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed May 22 10:03:58 PDT 2002

Trimming and re-titling post here, I'm a good girl I am!  I could be better and
send an on-topic post, but that's asking a lot right now.  <mope and meep>

Adamantius wrote:

> Also sprach Rosine:
> >    Uh, sort of.  I'd forgotten, as often as we used the phrase in my home,
> >that it's a leftover from my sons' babyhood... see, Mom (that's me) reads
> >stories out loud to good little boys who have a clean room at bedtime. And
> >after all the standards, (Dr. Suess, The Hobbit, Winnie the Pooh, The
> >Lensmen Series... )  I read them one of my childhood favorites - Heidi.
>
> I have to applaud _most_ of the literary choices. Somehow the
> juxtaposition of Dr. Seuss and Doc Smith seems so _right_.

Eich on a bike
Kim does not like Eich
Says, take a hike!
Puts his head on a pike
Bye Bye Eich!

Gads, I don't think I know more than three other people still alive that I could
send that to.  Hubby Jared on this list, for one.  The late Lord Randall of
Hightower could have spun this out into novellette-length.

Selene in Caid, 1/2 of Tregonsee in the WorldCon Masquerade 1996, of which many
stories can be told.  [The nice thing about 2 people playing a
radially-symmetrical quadruped is that nobody had to be the hinder end!]