[Sca-cooks] Cooking Rice

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Wed May 22 23:04:29 PDT 2002

>HELLPPPPPP!!!!!!!  Anyone on this late?  I'm cooking white rice for a
>project.  I need perfect rice.  Instead I get still crunchy bits with
>white gummy look.  Any way to save it or just start over?  It's bad enough
>I'm trying to remember the recipe off the top of my head.  Aurore
>-

I'd start over.  Real hard to get something right with rice when it's been
cooked, and played with.

Depending on the rice, the proportion rice/water will vary, but usualy 1.5
to 2 water for 1 rice is about right.  Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover,
let simmer until all water is evaporated.  Do not stir while it cooks.  use
a fork to move the rice around and "fluff" it, put cover back on, let it
sit for 5-10 minutes, so the steam keeps on cooking it.

Even better if you have a rice cooker.

Good luck

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Shire of Forth Castle (in transit)