[Sca-cooks] Reptilian Pronunciation (was Drive up ATM's OT,OOP (was Languages)

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu May 23 08:46:35 PDT 2002

Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> As for al-yew-min-i-um, I can only say that you don't get to rename
> other people's achievements to suit yourself, especially to the point
> of adding syllables.
>
> Adamantius, speakuh of duh King's Inglish...

My freshman chemistry TA at UCLA was English, educated at Oxford.  He got
tired of the teasing about his pronunciations and shot back, "While your
ancestors were painting themselves and killing buffalo, my ancestors were
discovering al-you-min-ium and mee-thane."

Selene, Caid
charter member of the College of San Ambrogio Alumni Association
[that's the SCA at UCLA - about to be revived!]