[Sca-cooks] Food Origins

Thu May 23 09:26:20 PDT 2002

You are correct, I made the error looking at Chinese cabbage, a name that is
used for both Napa cabbage and bok choy.

However, bok choy and Napa cabbage are variants of the same species,
Brassica rapa.  Napa cabbage is B. rapa var. pekinensis, bok choy is B. rapa
var. Chinensis.  It is very probable they can be interbred.

Bear