[Sca-cooks] Continuing story was Food Origins

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun May 26 17:49:43 PDT 2002

Also sprach johnna holloway:
>Speaking of which--- it's been more than a week
>and we still haven't got the next installment--
>
>This is where you left off---
>
>I told Lefkowitz to bring in Olwen for questioning. Olwen the Odd.
>The Atlantian Almond Queen, the Baltimore bombshell, the one woman in
>town with more Paste under her nails than... than... than a lot of
>other people..."
>
>Chapter Two of _Medusa in Paste_ next week!

See... it's like this...

I wouldn't Welsh on ya, Johnny! Honest! Ya gotta believe me!

It's just that the chapter...

Well...

Well, the chapter... see...

It said bad things about George W. Bush, see, and the publisher
refused to publish it
[this actually happened to Michael Moore, BTW -- the publishers
reneged on their agreement to publish "Stupid White Men" because they
felt that it was insufficiently complementary to Dubya, until it was
re-edited -- I kid you not!]
unless I changed the name in each instance to Gore... then I was
supposed to write in a lot of stuff about how Gore was gonna sneak
down our chimneys during the night and make off with all our guns...

Naturally this is taking longer 'cause I can't say it or write it
with a straight face...

Now I have to write all this new stuff about marzipan... The Paste.
The hard stuff... The stuff of all the crime and most of the
fantasies in this man's town...

...The dog ate it.

Hard-boiled Adamantius Noir