[Sca-cooks] Midrealm Ruled by Cooks

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Tue May 28 09:16:17 PDT 2002

Actually a number of our Knights hold both Laurels and/or Pelicans.  In
fact, the person who taught me to cook for the SCA is a Knight!  And many of
them hold our Kingdom level arts award as well.  In the past, a several of
them have been King as well.  I suspect that what Lady Olwen may be
referring to is the feeling that the three peerage Orders are equal, but
that Knights are more "equal" than the other two.  It does seem that some
Knights tend to look down on those of us who aren't Knights but who hold one
or more of the non-fighting orders/awards.  Fortunately not all of our
Knights feel that way.

Kiri